Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I found a Meriden Co. teapot. Hamilton Ontario. There

Customer Question
Hello: I found a Meriden...
Hello: I found a Meriden B Co. teapot. Hamilton Ontario. There is a number 980 With a T under it.There is an engraved number 400 138 032 inside the base. There other marks on the base. It looks to be art deco and has an ebony and silver handle. Leaf on the bottom joins the handle and in the front the silver on the handle splits and at the end there are small vines. Not sure if this is enough information. Thank-you for your time
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
6/7/2015
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 3 years ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.
Please send a photo of your teapot.
Please send me a photo of the marks on the bottom. You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo.
If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the mark and take a photo of the sketch,
To send photos you may use the "attach" or "add" link you see on your reply page.
If it is not there then you may use the free internet photo site
imgur.com. Use the following instructions:
Go to http://www.imgur.com.
a. Click "Computer"
b. Find the photo file on your computer that you want to send
c. Click open on the file
d. You will see a Start Upload link on the imgur.com page.
Click on it
e. Your image will appear on the screen
f. Highlight and copy the address link under Direct Link
to the right on the imgur page
g. Paste that link into your reply box on Just Answer
Kind regards,
Doris
Also, I need to know if any of the silver plate is missing?
Kind regards,
Doris
Thank-you for your time. I am at work and will bring in a photo of all that is necessary. There is no silver plate missing.
Thank you so much. That will really help me give you an accurate answer.
I look forward to your reply.
Kind regards,
Soris