Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have an Empire Mahogany Secretary with the writing "Anderson…

Customer Question
I have an Empire Mahogany...
I have an Empire Mahogany Secretary with the writing "Anderson Macon" on the wood inside the drawer opening. The Secretary has 3 large drawers on the bottom, 2 smaller drawers above the fold out felt desk area, and a glass door cabinet above with shelves grooved for plate storage/display. I am trying to find out something about the manufacturer and value of this piece.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
6/8/2015
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 3 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora