Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Was wanting to know about this piece of furniture I just gotwould…

Customer Question
Was wanting to know about...
Was wanting to know about this piece of furniture I just gotwould like to send you picture
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
6/8/2015
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 3 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
What area of the country was this purchased and what, if any background do you know about it at this point?
At your convenience, please send more photos.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Hi Nora this I believe mohogany hall tree was handed down to me in California although it did have a shipping sticker on the backside that is now missing during transport from Carlsbad to la mesa Southern California I will include more pictures it also was previously owned by Ellen Kardashian who I believe we all know was sold to me from previous owner who said it scared her young children she got it from a lady who dated Ellen kardashian who also resided in Carlsbad California I put a post on Craigslist for $7200.00 just to see if their would be any response and I'm less than an hour I have this guy totally interested
HI Dean,
You have a 3rd quarter 19th century, circa 1870's Victorian era, Renaissance Revival style grand scale hall tree.
Without a maker mark or stamp where this was made and by whom cannot be definitively stated, through the style can be attributed to makers, Mitchell & Rammelsberg from Cincinnati, Ohio.
Based on comparables of size, material, age and quality, this is a $12,000 - $20,000 piece at auction. A retail price, depending on the dealer, can up to $40,000, though as a private seller, it is more realistic to benchmark your asking price based on auction sale numbers.
Here is a link to a comparable that sold for $12,900:
http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/breathtaking-victorian-walnut-lighted-402431152
Here is a link to a Mitchell & Rammelsberg attributed hall tree that sold for $18,900:
http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/fantastic-rare-victorian-rococo-rosewood-hall
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating.
If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know!
Your question will NOT close after you leave rating.
Sincerely,
Nora