Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have what i think is a print called Blue Moon done by Horror…

Customer Question
I have what i think...
I have what i think is a print called Blue Moon done by Horror cover artist James R Powell. He actually signed the print. There is nothing else on the print except his symbol he puts on all his paintings and the year 2013 all in the bottom left hand corner.The painting was done in June of 2013. He passed away 5/13/2015.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
If it helps he also worked with Cheryl Crow, Van Halen, The Who and Rush in painting their guitars.
6/6/2015
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 3 years ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
I am familiar with this piece. BLUE MOON is mostly red with a skelly that has a blue sliver moon in his eye. James did limited edition , I think 500, and sold them for 40.00 each. Now that he has passed, your limited edition print is worth 100.00.