Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a Japanese coffee set. There is the coffee pot, sugar…

Customer Question
I have a Japanese coffee...
I have a Japanese coffee set. There is the coffee pot, sugar pot, cream jug, six cups and five saucers. The coffee pot has a lid and is approx. 71/4 inches high, the cups are approx. 2 inches in dia. the makers mark on the bottom of them looks like a series of interlinked squares, with the words made in japan. The coffee pot and the sugar bowl have lids I have photo's if you have an email address to send them to.
Regards
Mr and Mrs G Bird
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
6/6/2015
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 3 years ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please send me a photo of the marks on the bottom. You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the mark and take a photo of the sketch,

To send photos you may use the "attach" or "add" link you see on your reply page.

If it is not there then you may use the free internet photo site
imgur.com. Use the following instructions:

Go to http://www.imgur.com.

a. Click "Computer"
b. Find the photo file on your computer that you want to send
c. Click open on the file
d. You will see a Start Upload link on the imgur.com page.
Click on it
e. Your image will appear on the screen
f. Highlight and copy the address link under Direct Link
to the right on the imgur page
g. Paste that link into your reply box on Just Answer

I need a photo of the pattern as well.

Kind regards,

Doris