Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Purchased what appears to be a wardrobe by CH Thauwald. I have…

Customer Question
Purchased what appears to be...
Purchased what appears to be a wardrobe by CH Thauwald. I have found some information on the company but not the original look of this piece. I have pictures of the piece as well as the signature piece that indicates the furniture brand.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
6/6/2015
Antique Expert: rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 3 years ago
rusufdavi
rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Hello there
My name is ***** ***** I will try to help you in your question today. Thank you or using JustAnswer to solve your question.
Could you provide a picture of the label?
Thanks
Hello
Thanks for your reply,
From the label, the name of the manufacturer is "C. F. THAUWALD & COMPANY", it's seems a CH but it is a CF. The C. F. Thauwald Company was a Cincinnati based company that was best known for their bedrooms sets. Actually, there is no more information about this company, only that they manufactured quality furniture in the first half of 20th century.
Your wardrobe is from 1930-1950. I can date this furniture taking into account mainly the door hinges, but also the style and type of wood used.
Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.
The value will be in the range of 550-900$.
Please, use the stars to rate my answer or let me know if I can help you any further!