Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I am looking to identify the model name & value of a Howard

Customer Question
I am looking to identify...
I am looking to identify the model name & value of a Howard Miller dual chime and a Loricron clock. They are both 6 sided mantle clocks with etched flowers in the glass. I have attached photos of the clocks including one of the bottom which includes model/serial
numbers. I have had no luck researching these numbers on my own. They both seem to work fine. The HM clock chimes in both tomes perfectly. The Loricron does not chime when I run it, though I am not certain this is the correct working condition. I look forward
to reading your findings. Thanks - Erin McCoy
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
DSC_0001 (2).JPGDSC_000...JPGDSC_0003 (2).JPGDSC_000...JPGDSC_0062 (2).JPGDSC_006...JPGDSC_0061 (2).JPGDSC_006...JPG
Answered in 3 days by:
6/9/2015
Antique Expert: Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Steven-R
Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Hi! A very nice carriage clock, but unfortunately the numbers appear to be either inventory codes of some sort or product codes, not applicable to the actual model of clock--I am unsure what you are needing, could you please clarify?
With kind regards,
Steve
I have come across several Howard MIller clocks that start with 612-###. An example of this is the following: http://www.howardmiller.com/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=12652&catalogId=13551&productId=10317
You can also see 612-481 below this clock. Both of these are dual chime clock's like like the one I have.For this reason, I am thinking that that my clock's serial or part number is ***** I have just had no luck coming across this exact Howard Miller part number. I was hoping that you could find this and thus I would have the "name" of the clock and could get a good idea what it's vaue is.I am wanting to resell it.I am looking for the same information for the Loricron Kieninger & Obergfell Brass Clock...a clock "name", part number and approximate value. Except for the clock's face, my clock resembles a Loricron Austrian Chiming Crystal Carriage Clock - 1797-W which is no longer being made. I do not think that my clock chimes. Other than this, I have not been able to find any other ifo on a Loricron Kieninge & Obergfell Clock.I am so happy to have come across the just answer website and plan to come back often. You went above and beyond to answer my china question a whle back, so I requested you to help with my clock questions too. I will continue to request you to answer my questions. Thank you in advance for your help with my clocks.Erin
Hi! Most of the codes used like that actually designate the movement used in the clock, not the case or model--most are also serial numbered in the rear of the cases with an actual product code, but you may have to use a mirror and flashlight to gain access without taking it apart...
As for the Loricron, most of the time they too are coded by the movement number and without having access to the original product catalogs, which have the assembly factory numbers (most are not named, per se)it is near impossible to determine what it was called when marketed, as often the model name was NOT assigned by the actual manufacturer.
With all of that in mind, could you clarify exactly what you are seeking if beyond the advertised name at the time and point of sale?
With kind regards,
Steve
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur