Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I found a painting signed Vivis in cap letters and red color.

Customer Question
I think it's geoffry Vivis...
I found a painting signed Vivis in cap letters and red color. I think it's geoffry Vivis. But I can't find much about him
I have 2 actually. One looks like Venice water the other is lily pads and flowers.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
6/5/2015
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 3 years ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
Please do add pictures of the paintings (straight on, not at an angle) and a picture of the signatures. You can do this by using the paper clip icon or ADD FILES button depending on which operating system you use. This works best on a desktop computer.
Here are the two pictures. The one with lilly pads isn't signed.
These are both copies of paintings by famous French Impressionist Claude Monet. The first is The Bridge at Argenteuil and the other is one of the Water Lilies (Nympheas) series. Normally, these are copies made in China, but the signature suggests Ukraine where I have also seen copies emerge of master works. Since these are poorly executed copies by an unlisted artist, the value is not high. They would be valued at 40.00 each.