Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a handpainted antique Limoges plate which is a seascape…

Customer Question
I have a handpainted antique...
I have a handpainted antique Limoges plate which is a seascape with a large three sail boat in the center and smaller, vague, grayish appearing sailboats in the distance.
The plate has a marking on the back which is rather hard to describe: two mnarrow, rectangular designs, on the outside with what appears to be rabbit ears at the top. In the center, leaning to side appears to be a design with feathers. The outside rectangles contain the word LIMOGES in one and FRANCE in the other.
Thank you.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
6/5/2015
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 3 years ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.
Please send me a photo of the marks on the bottom. You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo.
If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the mark and take a photo of the sketch,
There are dozens of Limoges factories and decorators.
To send photos you may use the "attach" or "add" link you see on your reply page.
If it is not there then you may use the free internet photo site
imgur.com. Use the following instructions:
Go to http://www.imgur.com.
a. Click "Computer"
b. Find the photo file on your computer that you want to send
c. Click open on the file
d. You will see a Start Upload link on the imgur.com page.
Click on it
e. Your image will appear on the screen
f. Highlight and copy the address link under Direct Link
to the right on the imgur page
g. Paste that link into your reply box on Just Answer
Kind regards,
Doris