Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have an old English oak , marble top wash stand, it has red…

Customer Question
I have an old English...
I have an old English oak , marble top wash stand, it has red tiled back board, with a little shelf for a soap dish ? either side. I looked on the net & found one with green tiles it said it was 18oo,s scotish wash stand It has 2 door cupboard under it with legs.
The marble was broken in the move to Darwin so would it loose its authentisity by replacing the marble or best to get it valued & have them replace the marble? Do you have any idea of its value/ KIND REGARDS
YVONNE
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
6/5/2015
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 3 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora