Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have this old box I'm not shore what it is . Maybe

Customer Question
I have this old box...
I have this old box I`m not shore what it is for material. Maybe Bone it has Dragons engraved and I would like to know what it is for and how old. Also the 2 Lacquer Japanese? Chinese? tea boxes. See picture I can send U the marking if you want.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/5/2015
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 3 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send more photos.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
I attached a couple more pictures for you and also the Manufacturer Mark I guess it is. If you need more pictures I can make more but my camera is not the best.... I checked the Material of the Box again and I believe it is some kind of soft stone or bimb? It comes of as white powder if you scratch a little on the bottom of the box.
Also it has 3 sides with the dragon and Yin/Yan and the outside walls have on the outside also Dragonheads. Inside is flat and smooth, kind like plastic looking . Thanks in advance
Thank you for the images - however I only assess one item per question here.
If you would like to continue, please choose one and let me know.
~Nora
Yes, the long Dragon Box. Thanks
Hi JD,
At your convenience, please send more images and dimensions of just the dragon box.
Thank you,
Nora