Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have this old box I'm not shore what it is . Maybe

Customer Question
I have this old box...
I have this old box I`m not shore what it is for material. Maybe Bone it has Dragons engraved and I would like to know what it is for and how old. Also the 2 Lacquer Japanese? Chinese? tea boxes. See picture I can send U the marking if you want.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/5/2015
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 2 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send more photos.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
I attached a couple more pictures for you and also the Manufacturer Mark I guess it is. If you need more pictures I can make more but my camera is not the best.... I checked the Material of the Box again and I believe it is some kind of soft stone or bimb? It comes of as white powder if you scratch a little on the bottom of the box.
Also it has 3 sides with the dragon and Yin/Yan and the outside walls have on the outside also Dragonheads. Inside is flat and smooth, kind like plastic looking . Thanks in advance
Thank you for the images - however I only assess one item per question here.
If you would like to continue, please choose one and let me know.
~Nora
Yes, the long Dragon Box. Thanks
Hi JD,
At your convenience, please send more images and dimensions of just the dragon box.
Thank you,
Nora
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur