AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Certified Appraiser, Appraiser's Association of America. USPAP qualified through 2015.
30223878

Just acquired 20 volumes in good condition. market value?

Customer Question

just acquired 20 volumes in good condition. market value??
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
In order to ascertain the value, I will need to know the title of the set, author, publisher name and year inside these volumes.
I look forward to reading back from you with the information.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
we have 20 small books all with intact red covers with paper and print in very good condition. We are missing "fifty best poems of America, fifty best poems of England, Dreams and Promise ***** *****ing". We are thinking of placing them on sale in a local antique store with a sales price of $7.00 each. Does that sound reasonable? And or do you have other suggestions.
Thanks for your help. Marvin S
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi Marvin,
In order to ascertain the value, I will need to know the title of the set, publisher name and year the books were printed.
~Nora
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no thanks, ***** *****
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 2 years ago.
We are all very happy to help you, but as posted by Nora in her last message, we need to know the title of the set, the publisher name, and the year the books were printed. The information you provided is simply not enough for us to work with.
Sincerely,
Jennifer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had looked it up on line before checking with your organization. There are no dates inside any of the little books. The Publisher is Robert K. Haas, Inc Publishers, (formerly Little Leather Library Corporation) New York N.Y.Any help you might offer will be appreciated. I must admit with the first response. Marvin S
Ah, that helps a lot!
These books typically sell in the range of $5 to $8 each, so $7 would be very reasonable.
These were published around 1925.
Sincerely,
Jennifer
I see you have not yet rated my assistance.
How can I help you further with this item?
Jennifer