Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I own two antique oil landscapes, unsigned, of Altorf, France,

Customer Question
painted on metal. Well...
I own two antique oil landscapes, unsigned, of Altorf, France, painted on metal. Well kept.They are of peasants on a mountainside and of fishing boats docking at a mountainside village. Very intricately and beautifully painted. Back side identifies Altorf and also has the name Jejena am Main etched in script.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
6/2/2015
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 3 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
What is the size?
At your convenience, please send more photos.
A more well-lit complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame if any), a clear in-focus close-up of the writing on the back side, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora