Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a hand painted table. I think it's a writing table…

Customer Question
I have a hand painted...
I have a hand painted table. I think it's a writing table and I think the style is French. Inside one of the side drawers is a plaque that says made by John Widdicomb, designed by Ralph Widdicomb. On the underside of the center drawer is a large signature "Blumfeld". what can you tell me about it?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
5/29/2015
Antique Expert: AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 3 years ago
AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Hi, my name is***** a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.
However, I will need to see a photo of the table, and a photo of the plaque (the style of lettering helps me date the furniture from this maker).
There are three ways to get me photos:
1. Use the paperclip icon on the toolbar at the top of the reply bar
2. Upload them to a free site like Imgur or Photobucket, then post the link here
3. Email them to***@******.*** and ask that they forward them to AppraiserJM. Please note that this process takes around 24 hours.
Once I have the photos, I'll reply during my next scheduled time at JustAnswer.
Sincerely,
Jennifer
ok
I'll let you know when I get them.
Jennifer