Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Glenda, I am trying to determine the value of a complete…

Customer Question
Hi Glenda, I am trying to...
Hi Glenda,
I am trying to determine the value of a complete service for 8 of Minton pattern H3688 in almost unused condition - no chips, flakes or any visible defect. The Minton ™ suggests c1912 - 1950 and the faint date stamp indicates 1940 - 1941.
The pattern has an outer detailed gold band apron. 1/4" wide, then a cobalt band apron. 3/8" wide, then a thin gold band, then an off white band apron. 1" wide, then a very fine gold band and finally the white plate bottom.
I have 8 pieces of dinner plate, salad plate, desert plate, bread and butter plate, soup bowl, fruit bowl and a cup and a saucer.
I have been to Replacements.com and the only pattern close (but not same) is their item# ***** Imperial Gold - Cobalt and Gold.
Any information you could provide would be appreciated as I am considering selling the china as I would never use it.
Thank You
Tom Westman
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
5/28/2015
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 3 years ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
My name is Glenda,
I will be glad to help you today.
Are you wanting to know the current market value for this?
Yes.
I have no idea about the value of china but do know that this is an extremely beautiful service for 8.
Additionally, I found that I have 12 cups and saucers instead of the 8 I had indicated earlier.
Thank You
Tom
To view the answer, you will need to be logged into the web site from your computer. you cannot respond or send messages to the expert via emails.
.
The Minton pattern H3688 Service for 8, with 4 extra cups and saucers circa:1940's, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $1***-**-****.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally. As antiques and collectibles are subject in selling price to different areas across the country. Larger Metropolitan Areas bring higher prices then Smaller Cities.
.
If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great!
Keep in mind if you sell to a dealer or antique or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
If you have any further questions or problem about your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does effect my job.
.
If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name ( Glenda ) at the beginning of your question.
.
Please keep in mind I am only compensated from the site for my answer, if you rate me positively.
.
You do so immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see on your answer! .
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda