Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a very old table with a partial sticker on the bottom…

Customer Question
I have a very old...
I have a very old table with a partial sticker on the bottom that says rothert's and something about carpet. The table came from PA. it is in very good condition and has almost a leather looking texture on the top but it is definitely wood. Curved legs with another shelf below. I want to turn it into a vessel table but before I go drilling holes in it I want to make sure I'm not destroying a valuable piece.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
5/28/2015
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 3 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send more photos.
If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
I can't seem to find the paper clip icon when I hit reply so I'm not sure how to send more photos.
Hi Holly,
You can try emailing your images to***@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.
Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.
~Nora