Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have received a Tunisian antique tea set and am curious to…

Customer Question
I have received a Tunisian...
I have received a Tunisian antique tea set and am curious to know its value. It is hand crafted and it is about 90 years old.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
5/28/2015
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 3 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Hi Kathleen,
I am wondering if you are still interested in having your item assessed?
Please let me know and do you have requested images available?
I look forward to reading back from you.
Sincerely,
Nora

I need time to take more pictures. I am leaving for the US soon. Thank you.

Hi Kathleen,
You can send over images at anytime.
Have a great trip!
~Nora