Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I brought 2 plates at a flea market and paid $8.00 .

Customer Question
I brought 2 plates at...
I brought 2 plates at a flea market and paid $8.00 for them. Just wanted to know if they are worth anything. They have a signature on the back.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/27/2015
Antique Expert: Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 3 years ago
Steven-R
Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am pleased to help. Your plates are 20th century and manufactured in the Middle East, likely in a ceramics commune, but unfortunately the maker shown is not listed in any guide I have access to. They appear to be custom studio produced based on the form and type of glaze used, and pieces like this tend to retail today in the range of $25-40 each, pending condition and demand.
If I can be of further assistance on this topic in any manner, please just ask--my goal is to provide accurate and prompt information back to you in a professional manner.
Anytime I can help you out on any other topic, just let me know--you can request me by simply putting my name at the beginning of a posted question.
Please take a minute to rate my answer and fill out any surveys the site sends to you as that is how we are evaluated for service and also credited for our time and effort.
Have a blessed day!
With kind regards,
Steve