Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I purchased a piece of pottery that reason I fell in l

Customer Question
Hello, I purchased a piece of...
I purchased a piece of pottery that for some reason I fell in love with, although it's normally not my style. I tried to do a bit of research on it, to find out possible origin, but came up with nothing. I know it has no real value, but would like to know if you have any informaton on this piece? I have two pictures to send, couldn't attach to this.
Thank you,
Christi
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/27/2015
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 3 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
Hi Christi~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Sorry, still having difficulties sending on my i-pad. Anyway I can just send to you in e-mail?
Hi Christi,
You can try emailing your images to***@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.
Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.
~Nora
Thank you, ***** ***** just sent.
Great, thanks.
Hi Nora,
I just want to confirm if the photo's were received? I realize you indicated they may take a while to get to you, however, I wanted to make sure they were sent to the correct e-mail address.
Thank you so much for your assistance.
Christ
Hi Christi,
I have not yet received any images.
~Nora

2015-05-27_192613_pottery.jpg2015-05...jpg2015-05-27_192836_pottery.jpg2015-05...jpg2015-05-27_193325_pottery.jpg2015-05...jpg2015-05-27_193530_pottery.jpg2015-05...jpg2015-05-27_193640_potter...jpg2015-05...jpg
Hi Christi,
Thank you for the images.
Please allow me some time to look these over for you.
~Nora
Hi Nora,
I received an e-mail from your help desk indicating they forwarded the pictures I sent a couple of days ago on to you, today. The picture of the signature is much better.
I was wondering if you recieved it, and if you've had a chance to find out anything?
Thank you,
Christi
Hi Christi,
Thanks - I will check for the images.
~Nora
Hi Nora,
Anything yet?
Hi Christi,
I am unable to open any of the images with the signature.
At your convenience, please re-post a larger photo here.
Thank you,
Nora
That's ok. Let's just go ahead and close the ticket.
Hi Christi,
Ok, I will send your request to admin on your behalf, and I recommend you contact them from your end as well.
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating. Experts do not handle charges, fees, credit cards, memberships or subscriptions in any way or form.
I will not be able to respond back after sending in your request.
I do hope you find the information that you seek.
Sincerely,
Nora