Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an engraved copper tea caddy with the signature H. Dyer in caps

Customer Question

I have an engraved copper tea caddy with the signature H. Dyer in caps. The scene is a seascape with something like St. Michel's Mount in the background and a diving seagull diving in the foreground (clouds, waves ). Any clue? Can't find any link to W.H.Dyer.
Thanks.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Am not in a position to take photos, let alone microthingummy. Please charge my account for the $48 outstanding and please do not contact me again. Thank you.