Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I recently received five antique dolls only one is marked she…

Customer Question
I recently received five antique...
I recently received five antique dolls only one is marked she is aSchoenhut patent January 7, 1911 Spring jointed real hair dressed in original clothing. I live in Winston Salem North Carolina where could I have her restored? What would be a fair appraisal for
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
5/25/2015
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 3 years ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
Your doll was made by Alfred Schoenhut. He was from Germany, but moved to the US in 1872 to start his toy factory in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. In 1911, he was awarded the patent for his dolls that were called All Wood Perfection Art Dolls. She has an all wood head, wig hair, compressed metal spring joints and there should be two holes in the soles of the feet that allow the doll to be posed standing. These dolls have a value of 595-795.00 with original clothing.
Rarewares
Rarewares