Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a full set of Meito China Burbank pattern.What is the…

Customer Question
I have a full set...
I have a full set of Meito China Burbank pattern.What is the value of it?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/25/2015
Antique Expert: Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 3 years ago
Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to help you with this question.
No pictures necessary. What I do need, though, is a list of exactly which pieces you have. Please count only those in undamaged condition.
11 Dinner Plates, 11 salad plates, 11 bowls, 9 small bowels, 8 desert plates, 2 vegetable bowls, 1 small vegetable tray,
1 large platter, 2 small platters, 1 cream and sugar set, 1 covered serving bowl, 1, gravy boat.
Thanks for the list!
The Burbank pattern is no longer being produced by Meito.
If all your pieces are in perfect condition, the current retail (replacement or insurance) value of your set is approximately $7100. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of 40% of the retail amount, or approximately $285, depending on location and actual condition.
I hope this answer has been helpful to you. If you have any further questions or problems concerning your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does affect my job.
If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.
Please keep in mind I am only compensated by the site for my answer if you rate me positively.
You do that immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see on your answer.
Thank you so much!