Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I just found a Ridgeway Grandfather Clock in a local Goodwill…

Customer Question
I just found a Ridgeway...
I just found a Ridgeway Grandfather Clock in a local Goodwill store. Model is a Richardson II with the Serial # ***** I would like to know if this clock is of any value. It needs to be cleaned up and polished but looks like it will be a beautiful piece once completed.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
5/25/2015
Antique Expert: Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 3 years ago
Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Your Ridgeway Richardson Model II curio grandfather clock had the options of being completed in cherry and the more popular oak . In excellent working condition the grandfather clock would have a retail store value of anywhere from 1800-3,100USD.
For resale purposes a fair market or resale value would be closer to 600-800USD in excellent condition . If you were to attempt to sell the clock in an auction setting, you may be closer to 450-550USD based on current market constraints and the condition.
The grandfather clock market has been a bit down as of late due to a decrease in demand. This combined with the fact that these can prove difficult to move have dropped the prices in the secondary market.
I hope this information was helpful to you today.
Best of luck with your Ridgeway Grandfather Clock .
Any feedback you can leave for my service would be much appreciated.
Thank You,
Frank
Please let me know if you have any difficulties with our rating system.