Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have an older 2 1/2 X 3 1/2 antique gold painted wood framed…

Customer Question
I have an older 2...
I have an older 2 1/2 X 3 1/2 antique gold painted wood framed picture of the "Old Mill Stream" by Paul Detlefsen. It has a label on the back that reads : Winsor Art Products
Division of
Illinois Moulding Co.
IMC
Chicago 8, Illinois
Around the IMC is an emblem. Hand printed on it are 3 sets of a letter and numbers.
P677
V2047-170
V2082-140
Can you tell me what these numbers represent and about the value of the picture; it is in good shape
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
5/24/2015
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 3 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos.
A complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora