Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a picture of a mountain landscape with a cabin and pond.

Customer Question
The signature is in red...
I have a picture of a mountain landscape with a cabin and pond. The signature is in red and I think it reads penrose, but not sure.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
5/24/2015
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 3 years ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.
There are at least 9 listed artist with the last name "Penrose."
Do you have an initial or first name?
Kind regards,
Doris
There is only the signature but no initial
Please send me a photo of your painting.
To send photos you may use the "attach" or "add" link you see on your reply page.
If it is not there then you may use the free internet photo site
imgur.com. Use the following instructions:
Go to http://www.imgur.com.
a. Click "Computer"
b. Find the photo file on your computer that you want to send
c. Click open on the file
d. You will see a Start Upload link on the imgur.com page.
Click on it
e. Your image will appear on the screen
f. Highlight and copy the address link under Direct Link
to the right on the imgur page
g. Paste that link into your reply box on Just Answer
Kind regards,
Doris