Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a blue and white rosenthal plate in perfect condition,

Customer Question
I believe it's from world...
I have a blue and white rosenthal plate in perfect condition, I believe it's from world war 1.
"sum gedachtnis an den weltkreig" is written across the top, "Vereinsgabe des salzburger kunstvereins 1914" is across the bottom. In the center are pictured two soldiers each carrying a flag.
on the back below the rosenthal logo it says "kunst abreilung, sell bavaria"
any guess as to its value?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
5/23/2015
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 3 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Hi There~
Thank you for the images and for your patience.
You have a German porcelain plate by Rosenthal that reads:
kunstabteilung zum gedächtnis an dem weltkrieg vereinsgabe des salzburger kunstvereins 1914
which translates to:
In memory of the World War - club gift of the Salzburger Kunstverein in 1914
On today’s market, this sells for a high of $75.
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating.
If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know!
Your question will NOT close after you leave rating.
Sincerely,
Nora
Nora
Nora