Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Have a coffee pot, creamer, sugar/lid of Lenox..........blue…

Customer Question
have a coffee pot, creamer...
have a coffee pot, creamer, sugar/lid of Lenox..........blue with silver trim........green Lenox logo
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
5/22/2015
Antique Expert: Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Steven-R
Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am pleased to help. That style was used between 1896 and 1906 and the green coloration indicates the piece was sold as whiteware for decoration by a non-professional decorator. Lenox often supplied blanks to outside contractors to put custom or private company designs on during that era. For example, an upscale merchandise could order the style and specify what decoration they wanted, and Lenox would provide the service. That alone will not affect market appeal or value.
At present, a set from that era will generally retail in the range of $300 to $500 today, pending demand. Please note that if your set also has the marking below the "L" and Lenox of "Made in U.S.A." the set was manufactured after 1922.
***** ***** Lenox and Jonathan Coxon Sr. founded the Ceramic Art Company in Trenton, New Jersey, in 1889. The quality of wares, especially early items, is often compared to Irish Belleek.
If I can be of further assistance on this topic in any manner, please just ask--my goal is to provide accurate and prompt information back to you in a professional manner.
Anytime I can help you out on any other topic, just let me know--you can request me by simply putting my name at the beginning of a posted question.
Please take a minute to rate my answer and fill out any surveys the site sends to you as that is how we are evaluated for service and also credited for our time and effort.
Have a blessed day!
With kind regards,
Steve
Steven-R
Steven-R