Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

ThereIs it possible to identify the painter of the attached

Customer Question

Hi There
Is it possible to identify the painter of the attached photo of a painting as it is not signed.
The only clue is comment made by the South Australian Art Gallery which is attached.
Attached to the back of the painting is "William Hoyle, Art Dealer, The Downs, Altrincham".
If it is identifiable, then have you any idea of value as I am reviewing our insurances.
Actually, how do I add a photo/doc
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
What is the size?
At your convenience, please send more clear, in-focus, higher resolution photos.
A complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The size is 34cm X 24cm
The painting is on a thin board not canvas.
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the images.
Please allow me some time to look these over for you.
~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
At you convenience, please send well-lit, clear, in-focus images of the lower left and right corners of this painting as well as a photo of the dealer tag you mention in your original posting.
Thank you,
Nora
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have been travelling for the past few days in the US and will be till mid June so not able to answer any of your recent questions.
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
That is fine, I can wait.
~Nora