Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I am wanting to know the value of a 1935 Mickey Mouse birthday

Customer Question
car in great condition. On the...
I am wanting to know the value of a 1935 Mickey Mouse birthday car in great condition.
On the back it says:
By permission
Walt Disney - Mickey Mouse, Ltd
G Delgado Ltd, London. N1
Made in England
Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/19/2015
Antique Expert: Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,
My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.
Can you tell me what the card says? Has the card been signed or written on?
Are there any damages or soiling?
Thanks,
Frank
Hi Frank,
The front of the card has written in capital red letters
I'M CERTAIN SURE THAT YOU WILL BE
VERY VERY PLEASED TO SEE
There is a picture drawing of Micky Mouse carrying an envelope with TO YOU on it.On the inside it has MICKEY
COMING - AND IT'S HE WHO BRINGS A BIRTHDAY WISH FROM ME.
there is another drawing of Mickey holding the envelope in 1 hand and a walking stick in the other.There is writing in pencil on the back saying
1935 Best wishes from Audrey.I think the card is in very good condition. No soiling there are a couple of little spots.
Frank are you on line now? How long should I wait for a reply?
Thanks for getting back to me with that information.
Your 1930's era greeting card would have been produced b G. Delgado Limited, who was London-based publisher of games, calendars and books in the 1920's and 1930's.
With permission from Walt Disney, they were able to release a line of Mickey Mouse Greeting cards that are very collectible today.
In excellent condition your Mickey Mouse Birthday Card would have a resale value of 30-40AUD. I hope this information was helpful to you today.
Best of luck with your vintage Mickey Mouse Greeting Card.
Any feedback you can leave for my service would be much appreciated.
Thank You,
Frank
Please let me know if you have any difficulties with our rating system.
Good Afternoon,
I wanted to follow up with you on your question.
I hope the information I left for you was helpful in your research.
If you can accept my answer and leave feedback for my service it would be very much appreciated, as this is how I am credited for my time with the company.
If you have any future questions, I would be happy to help with any antiques or collectibles you may need information for.
Thank you for your time,
Frank
Frank
Frank