Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a Capodimonte table lamp purchased 40yrs ago in a antique…

Customer Question
I have a Capodimonte table...
I have a Capodimonte table lamp purchased 40yrs ago in a antique store has swirls of flowers then trees flowers ladies playing the flute all have cut outs it sits on a brass stand
thats has 4 what appears to be fish which connects to the bottom brass 2 inches high with decorative cutouts then under it looks like the stand is done in dots and some kind of design under
you can only peek through the stand to see the markings on the lamp and they appear to be 2 strange gold markings
it has a wire fixture which appears to go through the top through a brass cyinger that connects to the plug in
can you tell me about it
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
5/19/2015
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 3 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I was under the impression by the introductionBEFORE PAYING that 3 appraisers were available to talk now
Im not very happy
I am not aware of how you were led to believe that.
In the meantime, I will opt-out here and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.
I will not be able to respond back after opting-out.
I do hope you find the information that you seek.
Sincerely,
Nora
Antique Expert: Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 3 years ago
Steven-R
Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Hello, my name is ***** ***** if I may assist you in any manner with your question, please let me know--I have not been online since Saturday, sorry.
With kind regards,
Steve