Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a Wedgwood pitcher. the marks on the base are : FALLOW

Customer Question

I have a Wedgwood pitcher. the marks on the base are : FALLOW DEER/WEDGWOOD/ETRURIA ENGLAND (all in blue) below, handwritten in red AL.1890/E (slashes denote the next line). Can you give me an idea of rarity and value?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.
This is a pitcher made by Wedgwood of Etruria and Barlaston in the Fallow Deer pattern. This pattern was first made in 1931 and was discontinued in the late 1950's. The scene is in blue transfer (some with platinum accents where the sky and water would be). This piece in the 16 ounce size fetches $119.00 on the popular china replacement website with no chips, cracks or stains.
This pattern was made in a few different colors and a few different sizes. It is not considered rare because it is not as old as some other Wedgwood patterns in transfer ware. Rare would be a pattern from the late 1800's, for example.