Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a German beer stein that my father gave to me

Customer Question

Hi. I have a German beer stein that my father gave to me 48/50 years ago, I do not know the date it was made before that. The item is in wonderful condition even after all these years. On the front it as a coloured picture of Augsberg with raised Ivory coloured band with gold around it.Under the picture there is the words pelpch und Rathaus. On each side there is raised Ivory model of a church the other side is a house with trees and fencing and a field. The lid is patterned with the thumb part looking regal. Inside is the lid is the letters DBGM with a symbol that looks like a letter S in the bottom of the S is a small m. Also there is the number 53.
I have looked on lots of web sites but I cannot find anything like mine, don't know if that is bad or good.i have no idea if it is worth anything after all this time but I want to know for sure. Thank you .
xxxxxx xxxxxxx
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi Yvonne~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I really am sorry about this, but I am unable to send you the photos to you the way you have asked. I am very new to this system, this being so I do not understand how I get to the different windows.
What I do understand its how to send photos to an email address. Can you provide one to me?Thank you for understanding this
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Yes, you can try emailing your images to***@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.
Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.
~Nora
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will do that then and hope to hear from you soon. Thank you
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Great, thanks!
~Nora