Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I was just given a two piece carving set. Its small

Customer Question

Hi, I was just given a two piece carving set. Its for a small roast. It has three marks before the word sterling. The handle is quite plain. The knife and the fork when placed on the counter rest on there hilt which has four cornes and looks like a splash ? Any ideas of its age.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.
In order to assess this set,I will need to see pictures of the set and the marks. You can add photos by using the paper clip icon in the box where you type back to me (best done on a desktop computer). You can also email pictures to***@******.*** and put 'forCustomerin antiques' in the subject line so that they will get forwarded to me. This way takes a little longer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I sent tne pic over 24 hours ago. Any news?
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.
No photos yet. I will get an email alert as soon as they come in.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
These are the pictures I was able to take
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.
You did a wonderful job attaching the photos. The close ups of the marks are too blurry, though. It would be best to not bring the item so close to the camera for the picture. Let it be far away but in focus and I can crop in on that area on my end.