Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a rather large Hummel collection to sell - 30 Hummel…

Customer Question
Hi! I have a rather...
Hi! I have a rather large Hummel collection to sell - 30 Hummel figurines and 25 Hummel annual plates along with 3 Hummel Anniversary plates. Inherited. Unfortunately, my mother-in-law's basement flooded and I did or do not have all of the boxes for these pieces. I have some/just not all. Have seen on the internet it may be best to sell at an auction house but unsure of this....they are all in excellent condition/no chips/no scratches. Looking to sell these altogether....please give me your feedback & thoughts on values and any information you could give me on where to sell these. Looking at a Hummel book, current values may be close to $4500 at their lowest values. Thanks! Jeanne
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 day by:
5/12/2015
Antique Expert: Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 3 years ago
Steven-R
Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
If you could advise of the markings on the base of them, I can help...but be prepared in advance the market for most any, other than the very early ones, is very weak at present...the guide books, unfortunately, are WAY off the current retail....