Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I recently purchased a dinner plate of an older Dutchman with

Customer Question

I recently purchased a dinner plate of an older Dutchman with a young boy (in matching clothes) The front of the plate says "NOKE" while the back of the plate says
"Royal Doulton England" with a lion standing on a crown. Further marks are what appears to be a "D2288"
I have photos but don't see a place to attach them in this email.
Does this plate have any value or is it just decorative? I read that Noke is known for his figurines.
Thank you.
Susan Cain ***@******.***
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.
I would like to see the front of the plate. Try to add a file by using the paper clip icon in the text box where you reply back to me. This feature is only visible on desktop computers and not mobile phones or tablets. If that doesn't work, then email pictures to***@******.*** and put 'forCustomerin antiques' in the subject line so that they will forward to me. It might take longer this way, but I will work on your question as soon as I get the pictures.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Here is a picture of the front of the plate - the name "Noke" is written on the stone wall................hope that you can see it.....
if not, I have more photos
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
here is another photo
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I got both photos, thank you.
This is a Royal Doulton Series Ware Plate from the Dutch Harlem Series designed by Charles Noke. Called a Doulton Dutch Harlem plate more commonly. The plate dates to 1902 to 1914. It has a value of 30.00.