Wayne, Auctioneer
Experience:  40 yrs. experience in antiques, jewelry, coins and paintings - ASA 1985
67223111

I have china from Hutschenreuther Hohenberg Bayern that was

Customer Question

I have china from Hutschenreuther Hohenberg Bayern that was passed down from my grandmother, who lived in Bavaria in the 1920's and 30's. It looks like it's the 100th anniversary set, although my Mom think's it used to belong to the royal family. Have pictures
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Wayne replied 2 years ago.
Thank You for your question, my name is***** am a verified expert and will be working with you today.
Can you post a photo of the back of the plate?
1.
Click the paperclip icon
2.
Click the Browse icon
3.
Click the Browse button
4.
Select your file and click Open
5.
Click OK
6.
Click Insert
7.
Click Save Changes on this page
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Here is the photo
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I sent the pictures.
Expert:  Wayne replied 2 years ago.
This mark was used between 1901-1933. Please tell me what pieces you have and how many of each. I can give you a good idea of market value.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Wayne,
I have 12 dinner plates and 12 salad plates. I am also interested in the history. My mother is writing a book about her escape from Germany in the 30's for the family. My grandmother purchased the set during this time. My Mom thinks it may have been owned by the royal family and that my grandmother purchased it at an auction. It looks like it might have been the 100th anniversary collection. Can you tell me more about the mark?
Expert:  Wayne replied 2 years ago.
I'm not sure about the royal connection. This mark commerates their 100th anniversary and was used until 1933. These are high quality German Porcelain plates. There is no data as to the pattern available. There are sales records for similar quality pieces made by Hutschenreuther Hohenberg. Your plates would sell for $200-250 at auction
Thank you,