Steven-R
Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  I am a retired Major, US Army, and an antiques and collectibles consultant based on the east coast.
74160645

Doll value: Nordic House Designs Inc (out of business NY)

Customer Question

Doll value: Nordic House Designs Inc (out of business NY) Celeste doll - limited edition (55/500); hand painted porceline head w/ large eyes, straw hair & hat: soft body, dress is floral Nordic House fabric. Excellent condition, All tags intact, certificate
of authenticity and original box. Patterned after Jeune Fille & Parissienne turn of the century dolls. Made in early 1980s?- I think. Is doll rare and what is current value? XXXXXXXXXXXX
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Steven-R replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am pleased to help. Nordic House was a large import/export design trading and clearing house that marketed many designer grade wares, including dolls. Unfortunately their "Limited Edition" dolls were much like things today from the Franklin Mint--while the initial item appealed to buyers, the secondary market did not perform well at all. It is normal to find the designer series dolls in mint condition with original packaging at a retail of $45-65 today, which is about half the "guide" value. Demand is simply not that strong, unfortunately. I do hope you understand.
If I can be of further assistance on this topic in any manner, please just ask--my goal is to provide accurate and prompt information back to you in a professional manner.
Anytime I can help you out on any other topic, just let me know--you can request me by simply putting my name at the beginning of a posted question.
Please take a minute to rate my answer and fill out any surveys the site sends to you as that is how we are evaluated for service and also credited for our time and effort.
Have a blessed day!
With kind regards,
Steve