Steven-R
Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  I am a retired Major, US Army, and an antiques and collectibles consultant based on the east coast.
74160645

I have a beautiful chandelier in a house I am remodeling.

Customer Question

I have a beautiful chandelier in a house I am remodeling. As it does not fit the style of the renovation I am going to need to sell it. I am curious as to its value?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Steven-R replied 2 years ago.
Wow...that is a beauty! Most of these, if maker marked, are marked on the underside of the hanging cup. That can affect the value so if you have it down yet, perhaps take a peek. From the overall appearance, it is likely 20th century in origin--you may wish to review this page for information on vintage and antique examples: http://homeguides.sfgate.com/identify-old-crystal-chandeliers-40175.html
-
Today, a new example will command from $3,500 to $5,000 but you can often find them on the secondary market in the lower wholesale ranges of $850 to $1,250, again, pending maker mark, if any. Better brand names will command twice those numbers. The marking motif near the top indicates the arrangement was likely done in Europe, by the way.
If you can find a way to advise me of the mark, if present, I will gladly revisit this thread at no additional fee to you.
If I can be of further assistance on this topic in any manner, please just ask--my goal is to provide accurate and prompt information back to you in a professional manner.
Anytime I can help you out on any other topic, just let me know--you can request me by simply putting my name at the beginning of a posted question.
Please take a minute to rate my answer and fill out any surveys the site sends to you as that is how we are evaluated for service and also credited for our time and effort.
Have a blessed day!
With kind regards,
Steve