Doris
Doris, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

I have a book I've been given by my late grandfather. It's

Customer Question

Hi, I have a book I've been given by my late grandfather. It's titled The Shadow- The Amazing Exploits of Frank Fahy by Vince Kelly. Published 1954 by Angus and Robertson. It is also signed by Franky Fahy dated also by him on the 7/08/57. It has no dust jacket but is a hard cover in relatively good condition. If you could please give me an estimate of it's value it would be much appreciated. Thanks, Amy.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.
Amy,
Your book is a first edition published by the Australian firm of Angus and Robertson in 1954.
The results of my research show your grandfather's book has a retail vintage bookstore value of $65 assuming relatively good condition.
A private seller to a dealer can expect 40-60%of retail value.
I hope I have helped you.
If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you
rate me.
All of my answers are quoted in USA dollars.
If you would like to work with me on future questions, I would be pleased to work with you.
All you need to do is type my name "Doris" at the beginning of your question.
Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING now so that I am compensated by
JustAnswer.com for my time and effort. This is of no cost to you. Please do not rate me down
because of system difficulty, site charges or current appraisal values - all three are beyond my control. Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system.
Kind regards,
Doris