Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I need help identifying an artist's signature

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
5/4/2015
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 2 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
Hi There~ My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question. What is the size? At your convenience, please send photos. A complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal. When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range. If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here. Sincerely, Nora

Hi Nora,

I appreciate your help!

The painting measures 23.5" x 19.5"

The frame measures 32" x 28"

I've attached additional photos. I can't wait to find out about this artist! :)

Hi, Thank you for the images. At your convenience, please send a clear, in-focus image of the signature. ~Nora
Hi, If you can send more views of the signature, it will be very helpful. I can make out the first name. ~Nora

I do not have possession of it yet.... It's being shipped to me. I think the first name is***** name B something.

Hello, That is what I see as well, Max B. style of the painting is after Matisse. I can opt-out and open your question to all the experts, or wait until you receive the painting and can send more images of the signature. Please let me know how you would like to proceed. Sincerely, Nora

If you could pass it on I would appreciate it.... Thank you for your help :)

Hi~ Certainly. I will opt-out here and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra. I will not be able to respond back after opting-out. I do hope you find the information that you seek. Sincerely, Nora

Ok thanks!!

Relist: Incomplete answer.
Nora was nice and helpful, but unable to answer my question.
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur