Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I found these two lamps at a antique shop. Neither work but

Customer Question
husband said needs require. I...
I found these two lamps at a antique shop. Neither work but husband said needs require. I can not find anything on them. I have had th for 15 years and the man I purchased them all he knew was they are old. Do you know anything about them. I see no markings
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
They are very heavy
5/3/2015
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Hello,You have a pair of plaster (more commonly called chalkware) lamps made in Italy in the 1950's. They were mass produced and sold in America with the intention of resembling carved marble and stone statues in the (then exotic) museums and gardens of Europe. This pair in non-working condition have a value of 150.00.
Rarewares
Rarewares