Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I found these two lamps at a antique shop. Neither work but

Customer Question

I found these two lamps at a antique shop. Neither work but husband said needs require. I can not find anything on them. I have had th for 15 years and the man I purchased them all he knew was they are old. Do you know anything about them. I see no markings
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They are very heavy
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.
Hello,You have a pair of plaster (more commonly called chalkware) lamps made in Italy in the 1950's. They were mass produced and sold in America with the intention of resembling carved marble and stone statues in the (then exotic) museums and gardens of Europe. This pair in non-working condition have a value of 150.00.