Steven-R
Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  I am a retired Major, US Army, and an antiques and collectibles consultant based on the east coast.
74160645

I have a 1945 garman hip flask with the sign on the

Customer Question

Hi i have a 1945 garman hip flask with the nazi sign on the front with a plane under it. it has 1945 on the bottom and a silver stamp can you give me an idea what its worth please.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call + Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi can you give me an idea how long my answer will be? can you emill me asap
Expert:  Steven-R replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I can help...could you post an image of the item as well as a clear image of the markings, please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi sorry for delay i was away from home. here is the pic of the flask. i have just cleaned the bottom of the flask and i thinks its 1943 not 1945. thanks karen
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can you confirm you have recived the pics thanks
Expert:  Steven-R replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the update! You have a genuine WWII era German hip flask for an aviator (Luftwaffe) manufactured in .900 fine silver, which is a grade of sterling from the era (sterling is now standardized at .925 fine, or 92.5% pure silver.
At present, to a WWII ephemera collector, the market retail would be from $150 to $225 pending actual condition and demand at any given time.
If I can be of further assistance on this topic in any manner, please just ask--my goal is to provide accurate and prompt information back to you in a professional manner.
Anytime I can help you out on any other topic, just let me know--you can request me by simply putting my name at the beginning of a posted question.
Please take a minute to rate my answer and fill out any surveys the site sends to you as that is how we are evaluated for service and also credited for our time and effort.
Have a blessed day!
With kind regards,
Steve