Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Silver plate scrolled or lace formed letter M in the center

Customer Question

silver plate scrolled or lace formed letter M in the center of surface reverse side has MAPPINAWEBB LTD -ERNS - W28558 -CA - 2383 stamped or engraved on the bottom - there are a total of 5 lines......badly tarnished . Getting ready for a garage sale what is it's value.....Thank you, ***** *****
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.
Hello,This is a Mappin and Webb silver plate item made of Electro Plated Nickel Silver (EPNS, not ERNS) made in the 1930's. This is not sterling silver, so the value is about 5.00.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks - so I can use silver polish on it and get it ready for the garage sale with a clear mind. Arlita

Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.
Yes, polish away! Good luck with your garage sale!
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.
Arlita,If you could rate my answer by clicking the EXCELLENT stars or smiley faces, that would be appreciated. Again, best of luck with the sale.