Doris
Doris, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

GA-mpl: Towle Sterling Silverware

Customer Question

Hi Doris
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

You hav it priced t $800. I will need to calculate the retail value of the pieces you have listed. It may be less than $800. I hope you can change the amount you are asking if my research proves it less.

I willl research now. I will be back as soon as I have finished.

Kind regards,

Doris
Expert:  Doris replied 2 years ago.

The popular pattern candlelight by Towle was first introduced in 1934. It was discontinued in 2009. There has been a very slight, imperceptible variation in size over these years.

The valiue of this 70 piece set in a retail setting would be

As is, $1519 with "R" monogram

Repatinated $2219 without "R" monogram

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

If you would like to work with me on future questions, I would be pleased to work with you. All you have to do is put my name (Doris) at the beginning of your question.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING now so that I am compensated by JA for my time and effort. This is of no cost to you. Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty, site charges or current appraisal values - all three are beyond my control. Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system.

Kind regards.

Doris

Expert:  Samantha-cssm replied 2 years ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.com/antiques/92g9r-doris.html). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.