Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I have a Reed & Barton Silver set - tray, coffe/tea, creamer

Customer Question
& sugar. The pattern...
I have a Reed & Barton Silver set - tray, coffe/tea, creamer & sugar. The pattern is El Greco - the date stamp is 1953. I was thinking about selling it att a silver exchange store and was just wondering if it would be worth anything
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
4/28/2015
Antique Expert: Wayne, Auctioneer replied 2 years ago
Wayne, Auctioneer
Thank You for your question, my name is***** am a verified expert and will be working with you today. Is the tray sterling?
Thanks,
The ray is sterling very heavy.
Thanks
Caro
can you tell me how much the entire set weighs including the tray you can even do it in pounds?
Thanks,
Hi Wayne,The tray alone weighs 9.5 lbs. The set weighs 16 lbs.Thx
Carol
HI,
Can you tell me exactly what it says on the bottom the the tea pot?
Thanks,
The inscription on the bottom says
Reed & Barton
1 9 5 3
El GrecoSo - back to my original question -I was thinking about selling it at a silver exchange store and was just wondering if it would be worth anything
29 Apr 2015, 4:33 PMThe inscription on the bottom says
Reed & Barton
1 9 5 3
Hi,Unfortunately, your tea set is silver plated and not sterling. In fact I can't find a record of a sterling silver set in the El Greco pattern. This still has value as a nice plated tea set. This would sell for $400-600 at auction.Thank you,Wayne
.
Hi,Is there anything else I can tell you about this? If not please take time to rate my service. This is the way justanswer compensates me for my time and effort without additional cost to you. It was a pleasure working with you.Thanks,Wayne
Wayne, Auctioneer