ExpertAppraiser
ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser
Experience:  USPAP appraiser: art, antiques, coins and collectibles.
59032044

Hi I have managed to fine 3 old books when cleaning the

Hi
I have managed to fine 3 old books when cleaning the mother in laws shed, they belong to her mother. They are dated 1885, and are of English heritage, they are call OUR OWN COUNTRY. descriptive. historical. pictorial. illustrated By Cassell & Company Limited.
Are they of any value,
Thank you for the question! It would be my pleasure to assist you.

"Our Own Country Descriptive, Historical, Pictorial" was published by Cassell, Petter, Galpin & Co, London 1885, and was originally part of a six volume set.

One antiquarian book dealer is selling a six volume set at the $77 level, placing individual volumes at the $12 to $15 level per book. See: http://www.biblio.com/details.php?dcx=326879976&aid=vialibri&t=1

So yes, they are of value, but the value appears to be rather modest.

Should this prove helpful, kindly rate my service positively so I'm credited for answering the question. If not, let me know how I can provide more help. I understand that sometimes an item may be worth more or less than you expected; if you'd like further explanation of the market for a given item, please let me know and again, thank you!