Steven-R
Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  I am a retired Major, US Army, and an antiques and collectibles consultant based on the east coast.
74160645

I have a Clarice Cliff lidded pot that I have not seen the

I have a Clarice Cliff lidded pot that I have not seen the pattern anywhere. It is cream with blue and pink flowers. It is NOT the crocus pattern. The mark on the bottom says Bizaar. Any idea of its worth? Thank you

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am pleased to assist you. The piece you have is marked with the early Newport Pottery stamping used from 1928 to around early 1936...there are several variations in the basic pattern, by the way, but I see nothing unusual about it at all. While most patterns are illustrated, it is estimated about 60% at best of the early forms of the Art Deco series are accurately recorded with images.

*

At present, the current market retail on the private seller level is from $300 to $500 if in fine condition overall, free of chips and cracks.

*

You may be able to glean a bit more information using the contact form via this link, if interested:

http://claricecliff.com/contact

*

Please let me know if I may assist you further in any manner, and have a blessed day!

*

With kind regards,

Steve

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is there a name to the pattern?

Donna, according to all published guides, there are several unlisted variations on the crocus theme but not all named...your best bet, again, would be a posting to the forum noted above and see if by chance their archives provides more information. I have SEEN the pattern before, and it is an early one, but to my knowledge there is no specific name given from the factory.

With kind regards,

Steve

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you

Most welcome, and I wish I could tell you more--the best part, though, all of the patterns of that genre is in very strong demand and steadily holding and increasing in value when other similarly pottery is losing ground...so a solid collectible with long term appeal across the boards.

*

Please let me know if I can assist you further at any time.

*

Steve