Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I have two prints by Edward Borein. They look to be ink drawings.

I am not sure if...
I have two prints by Edward Borein. They look to be ink drawings. I am not sure if they are original drawing or just prints. Both show different cowboys riding bucking broncos. Both are professionally framed and they could be a matching set. Each print measures about 14x18". Thank you for your help.
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/4/2013
Appraiser Alan AOA C
Appraiser Alan AOA C, Appraiser & Adjuster
Experience: Hello, my name's Alan! I'm a 14 year Appraiser with AOA appraisers, ISA & IRS Qualified, and 5 year Certified & Licensed Insurance Adjuster with 30+ Years Collecting & Dealing.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been asked to assist you. I am a Certified & Licensed Insurance Adjuster, USPAP compliant Appraiser currently Accredited by AOA Appraisers, and an IRS Qualified Appraiser. It will be my pleasure to put my expertise, library and resources, and experience in the field to work for you.

JustAnswer has just sent me your picture and question regarding your two Edward Borein prints. Thank you very much! To best assist you I need more information about your needs today and to know what questions you have? If you are seeking a value as well, before researching, it would help to know what type below fits your needs best:

Market Value (Selling): Most up-to-date price range to expect if sold today. Estimated using the prices that buyers have recently paid and sellers have accepted in the open and competitive market.

Insurable Value (Keeping): The amount replacement would cost today excluding any taxes or shipping fees. Can be printed and sent to your Insurance company.

Please let me know your questions and which value type you are looking for and I will be back as soon as possible. Thank you!

I am looking for market value.

Thank you Brittany! I will start my research into this for you immediately and will be back with your answer as soon as I have completed it. This may take a little time so if you choose to leave this window, you will be emailed any time I respond. You will always be able to follow the emails link back to this page at any time. Thank you again for your question. I hope to have everthing taken care of for you soon!

Thank you! I am not sure if my email is entered here?

You're very welcome Brittany! I am not allowed access to it as a 3rd party appraiser but you can check with customer service to see if it is on file. Either way I will try to be quick and get back to you shortly!

Names of the prints would be helpful too.

Okay I will also share that information if available Brittany.
Thank you for your patience while I conducted my research and prepared your answer Brittany. I was able to determine a market value range for you based on recent sales of qualified comparable items and hope this will answer all your questions.

From experience and research I found this information on this artist and Prints:

John Edward Borein (American, 1872-1945)

Both of these prints are from a series of the artists and there are several versions.

Bronco Busting. Signed Edward Borein in pencil Etching printed on paper

Let'er Buck. Signed Edward Borein in pencil Etching printed on paper

Searching hundreds of auction houses records provided an excellent amount of recent sales results with the majority indicating your Edward Borein prints have a current market value of $150 - $400 for the pair. The price you are able to sell for may vary depending on venue, condition, market variances, and more.

I would recommend a starting asking price of $250 each

This way you can reduce accordingly if necessary because Market Value represents what someone was willing to pay for an asset, not the amount it was offered for. If this isn't what you would like, please let me know and I can provide you with Insurance value.

AppraiserAlan AOA CA Qualifications

Online Appraisal Answer Disclaimer

I hope this is the information you were looking for! If not, or you would like to know more, please reply. If I have taken care of all your needs, please make sure to rate my answer for my compensation and to close out the question.

I try to always provide Excellent Service, so if you have any other items, just say Hello Alan at the beginning of your new question and I will get with you there as soon as possible. Thank you very much Brittany!

Sincerely,

Alan
Appraiser Alan AOA C
Appraiser Alan AOA C
Appraiser Alan AOA C