How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Steven-R Your Own Question
Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Category: Antiques
Satisfied Customers: 2769
Experience:  I am a retired Major, US Army, and an antiques and collectibles consultant based on the east coast.
Type Your Antiques Question Here...
Steven-R is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Underwriters Laboratories Inc. Portable Lamp issue # c-290

This answer was rated:

Underwriters Laboratories Inc. Portable Lamp issue # XXXXX e-26667-b Could help us find the value on the above item

Thank You


Steven, CAPP :

Hello Carrie, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I can help you. Could you tell me a little more about the lamp, please? The size would help...and an image, if possible.

Steven, CAPP :

I am not sure the chat function is working properly tonight...let me know if you are receiving this, please.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Steve I am talking about a wall lamp that hangs on a wall plugs in with a cord. It has a frosted glass chimney gold on black with a circle wheat design

Thank you, Carrie. The Underwriters Laboratories Inc. marking merely indicates the unit has safety certified parts, by the way--they don't make lamps. The code C-290 was issued beginning in the 1960s, so the piece is mid to late 20th century. They are generally called "sconce" types, if they mount to the wall. Honestly, the retail on most on the secondary market is not a lot these days...around $25-40.


If I can do anything more to assist you in any manner at all, please just ask. I do hope you have a safe and blessed weekend.


With kind regards,


Steven-R and other Antiques Specialists are ready to help you