Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

Rug the name price act 10x14

Rug the name price act 10x14

Hi my name is Glenda,
Thank you for choosing us for your Appraisal needs.

.

Can you tell me what you mean?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Description and value or worth

Hi Henry,

.

I cannot tell you what the rug is, I cannot tell by the image if this is a wool hand tied rug or a silk rug, if it is hand done or machine done. Can you look to see if there is a label on the back.

Glenda

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It's hand made wool and silk
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no label

Henry

Do you know the age?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Do you have a rug expert on. Just answer

Henry

We all do rugs but , we have to have something to go on, since we cannot see this we cannot tell what age it is, we cannot tell if it is hand done or machine done, we cannot tell anything about it. We have to have the customer give us details so we know what to look for when looking for a value. To me it looks like a Mid Century Modern, 20thC Wool Rug with a Floral Spray Design. Would that description be good for you? If so I can find a value based on that.

Glenda

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok

Hello Henry
.

To view the answer, you will need to be logged in to the Just Answer web site from your computer. You cannot respond or send messages to the expert via emails.

.

The Mid Century Modern, 20thC Hand Made Wool Rug with a Floral Spray Design has an estimated value on the secondary retail market for an of average of $3,850.00-4,995.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally. As antiques and collectibles are subject in selling price to different areas across the country..( Larger Metropolitan Areas bring higher prices then Smaller Cities. )

If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up.

You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias, which is on the same scale of Rubylane.

There is Amazon and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer or antique or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.

If I can be of any further help, please feel free letting me know. If there is a problem with my answer please feel free communicating this to me ( with reply to expert button )any problem can be resolved.

A rating of one of the top 3 smiley faces (then clicking submit ) lets JustAnswer/Pearl know I did answer your question, then I am compensated for my time, at no additional cost to the you I always do my very best to offer you the most current values and any information I can find for you.

When you get the survey in email please respond, ( this impacts my job ) and please consider that the rating is for my professionalism and courteousness to the customer. I am not responsible for any issues with the site, or any values that are not as high as expected. ( which I cannot control ). Thank you so much!

If you would like to work with me on more questions you might have, request me then just put my name ( Glenda ) in your question, then I will be sure to get it. This way it ensures I receive this, since just a request can expire after awhile.

It has been a pleasure working for you, I look forward to it again.

Thank you so much,

If you have any problems rating me on this question, please let me know.

Glenda

.

Keep in mind Just Answer has a Multitude of Categories to serve you, from Legal to Pets and everything in between.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what's the name of rug and Description?

Henry

What do you mean what is the name of the rug? Do you mean what is the company name that made it?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Chinese rugs ming?

Hi Henry,

.

I am not sure what it is you are wanting. Here is what you have.

.

The rug is not a Ming Chinese Rug, the title of the rug is. " Mid Century Modern Wool Rug " it was produced in the mid 20thC around 1950-1960, the description is- A Hand Made Wool Rug, from the Mid 20thC with a Floral Spray Design measuring 10 x 14. The rug has an estimated value on the secondary retail market for an of average of $3,850.00-4,995.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally. As antiques and collectibles are subject in selling price to different areas across the country..( Larger Metropolitan Areas bring higher prices then Smaller Cities. )

Thank you so much,

Glenda

.